Crufts – The Ultimate Survival Guide!
2019 is our sixth year at Crufts and over the years we have learned a few things! In this simple guide, we’ve compiled all the key facts and links so you can see what’s on offer at a glance. We also asked Alison, Ed and Richard to reveal their top tips to help you get the inside track of the magnificent madness that is Crufts!
What you need to know
- It’s at the NEC, Birmingham, Thursday 7 – Sunday 10 March
- Opening times: 8.15am - 18.30pm
- Parking costs £16. Sat Nav: B40 1NT
- Tickets are £15 in advance and £18 on the door. Children under 8 are free.
- There will NOT be a children's crèche available during the show this year
- Ticket price includes the 6000 seat Arena and all the shows, apart from Best in Show on Sunday from 2pm. Free Arena shows include: Agility, Flyball, Showing and lots of great fun displays and competitions, including the Scruffts final
- 22,000 dogs compete for Best in Show. Sunday tickets £19-26.
- There are 36 Showing Rings
- Championship Show Days for 2019:
How to get the most out of the day
- Take your own food and lots of water – food at the NEC is limited and expensive
- Take a trolley/case on wheels if you intend to buy lots of things
- Wear comfortable shoes - you will walk miles and be on your feet much of the day
- Wear layers, it’s cool in the morning but gets hotter as the day goes on
- Look at the show guide before you go and plan your shopping like a trip to Ikea crossed with an SAS military operation!
Alison, Ed and Richard’s Top Tips:
If there was one bit of advice you would give the first-time attendee what would it be?
Alison: Don’t get bedazzled by all the stands and miss the Arena. Alternate between shopping and shows and PLAN
Ed: Wear comfy shoes
Richard: Take lots of money!
What are your must visit stands, (apart from Ruff and Tumble of course!)?
Alison: Grooming stands especially Christies, (Hall 1-178/180) and Canine Design, (Hall 2-98) and Ditsy Pet collars and leads, (Hall 1-184), and Forthglade Natural pet food, (Hall 5-138)
Ed: Dogs and Horses leads and collars, (Hall 2-75)
Richard: Holly and Lil The Collarmakers, leads and collars, (Hall 5-68)
What are your must visit shows?
Alison: Kennel Club Friends for Life, Heelwork to Music and Agility
Ed: Rescue Dog Agility
What insider knowledge can you offer?
Alison: Go from Hall 5 via the foyer to Hall 1, it’s quicker! Hall 3 loos have the shortest queues
Ed: Go for two days at least – one is just not enough to see everything
Richard: Get there early!
And finally, all the reasons to visit Ruff and Tumble FIRST!
Alison: We’re launching a Limited Edition Drying Coat - exclusively on sale at Crufts initially! Come and see the colour and buy one whilst stocks last.
Ed: Ruff and Tumble’s Drying Coats and Mitts are at special show prices!
Richard: Throws and Bed covers ordered at the show will be sent postage free!
Read more Crufts trivia and explore our Ruff and Tumble Drying Coats, Drying Mitts, Sofa Throws , Bed Covers and Aprons